Bloomingdale Public School Food Service Information for 2020 - 2021 School Year
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Bloomingdale Public School Students
Bloomingdale Public Schools will be offering FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH this year to all students. Every student will be allowed to receive one reimbursable breakfast which includes a milk, fruit, and choice of entrée. The students will be allowed to receive one reimbursable lunch which includes a milk, fruit, vegetable, and choice of entrée. If a student only wants a milk they would have to pay the $0.50 for the milk. Any extra items or ala carte items will have to be purchased and the students will need to have money on their lunch account or cash to make these purchases. We will not be allowing charging for extra items.
Bloomingdale Public Schools Food Service is working hard to provide a clean and safe environment to provide your students with a healthy lunch options they would enjoy. We are following the CDC guidelines in our kitchens and in the way we will serve students. We look forward to being allowed to feed your students this school year.
We will be providing students with breakfast in the classroom this school year. All students will have an opportunity to receive a free breakfast at the beginning of the school day in their classroom. Remember breakfast is free for all Bloomingdale students, and they will have time during first hour to eat their meal.
Remote Learning Students and Friday all Students
All remote learning students will have an opportunity to order a sack breakfast and hot lunch daily from Bloomingdale Public Schools. Students will need to go to the Dining tab under their school on the Bloomingdale Application to find the remote meal order form, or if you go to www.bdalecards.com and under the menu tab click on food service to find the order form. This will allow you to place your meal order for that day. All meal orders must be placed by 9am of the day students are going to be picking the meal up from school. Meal pick up times and locations are listed below.
Bloomingdale residents of Elementary, Middle and High School students can pick meals up at the front of the Middle School: Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 10:30am.
Pullman residents of Elementary, Middle and High School students can pick meals up at the side food service door at Pullman Elementary School: Monday – Friday from 11:45am – 12:15pm.
Meals can be picked up by a parent or student. Only students who attend Bloomingdale Public School Districts will be allowed to receive a breakfast and lunch. This is per USDA guidelines.
Since Friday all students are remote, feel free to come out to the school during the designated time to get a breakfast and lunch for your student. You do not have to pre-order for Friday pick up.
If you cannot place your order online please call our department, we will need to know names of children and where you will pick up meals.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Eric Meloche, Food Service Director 269-521-3923
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Fun Food Resources
Food Service Education Elementary:
- Blast off Game: Let your kids have fun learning about the types of foods their body needs.
- Nutritional Games from the Dairy Council of California:Another fun way for students to learn to eat healthy.
- Activity Sheets to promote healthy eating for elementary and middle school students. Activity sheets in English and Spanish.
- PBS Arthur’s Lunch-O-Matic Game
- Matching Game learning about fruits and vegetables. Preschool – Kindergarten.
- Activity Sheetsto promote healthy eating for elementary and middle school students. Activity sheets in English and Spanish.
- Take care of your health by understanding how to read labels, prepare foods, and eat healthy meals. Great booklet for teenagers who care about their bodies.
- Ninja Kitchen Game: Fun interactive game on kitchen safety.
- Amazing Food Detective Game: Learn how to get what your body needs.
- Take care of your health by understanding how to read labels, prepare foods, and eat healthy meals. Great bookletfor teenagers who care about their bodies.