December 16, 2019
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2018-19 educational progress for Bloomingdale Public Schools. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by Federal and some requirements of State laws. Our staff is available to help you understand this information. Please contact me at 521-3900 for help if you need assistance.
The District AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site, www.bdalecards.com or you may review a copy in the principal’s office at your child’s school. Each school will also be communicating their own AER to parents directly.
The report contains the following information:
Student Assessment Data
Elementary or middle school assessment results on the Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP), high school assessment results on Michigan Merit Exam (MME), and assessment results for students with disabilities on Michigan’s Alternative Assessment Program (MI-Access or MEAP-Access)
- Presents achievement data for all five tested subjects (mathematics, reading, science, social studies and writing) compared to targets for all students as well as subgroups of students.
- Helps parents understand achievement progress within schools and compare these to district and State achievement.
Accountability Scorecard – Detail Data and Status
Information is provided for the district and each school related to achievement targets in reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies answering questions like:
- Did the district (and schools) meet achievement targets for all students and subgroups of students?
- Did the district (and schools) meet achievement growth targets for all students and subgroups of students?
Teacher Qualification Data
- Identifies teacher qualifications at district and school levels
- Reports percentage of core academic classes taught by teachers not considered highly qualified to teach such classes
NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- Provides State results of the national assessment in mathematics and reading every other year in grades 4 and 8
We are very proud of the accomplishments our district has made this past year. Our accomplishments go far beyond test scores. We are a proud district with an outstanding staff that strives for continued excellence in the classroom. We care about our students and families and will continue to improve while providing educational opportunities that are tops in the state. I couldn’t be more proud of our students and staff and I look forward for great things to come!